Welcome to Carpenters' Hall of Philadelphia
Carpenters' Hall is a treasure in historic Philadelphia. It hosted the First Continental Congress in 1774 and was home to Franklin's Library Company, The American Philosophical Society, and the First and Second Banks of the United States.
It’s been a wonderful year at Carpenters’ Hall. Thanks so much for those that have visited, volunteered or otherwise aided us this past year. Consider helping Carpenters’ Hall persist for generations of Holiday seasons to come. Donate now!
Set humbly back from Chestnut Street, the Hall has been continuously owned and operated by The Carpenters' Company
of the City and County of Philadelphia, the oldest craft guild in America, since 1770.
OPEN to THE PUBLIC
Today, Carpenters' Hall is free to the public and welcomes over 150,000 world-wide visitors to this wonderful Georgian building. Admission has been complimentary since 1857, when it became the first privately owned American building to be opened as a historic monument.